How to mount Solaris disk as slave? [Was: Using graphical environment]

Kelly wrote:
It is not recognizing the data on the other drive.  It only sees the
swap space.  It is asking for the systemfile type.

Here is the output.
tester# mount
/dev/hda1 on / type ext3 (rw,errors=remount-ro,usrquota,grpquota)
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
usbfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw)
tester# mount /dev/hdb1 /mnt/temp4sol
/dev/hdb1 looks like swapspace - not mounted
mount: you must specify the filesystem type

tester:# cfdisk /dev/hdb <--- this gives me a fatal error --->  FATAL
ERROR: Bad primary partition 0: Partition ends in the final partial
cylinder.

Is it possible that Debian will not read the partitions?

It's probably of type "ufs". You might try "mount -t ufs /dev/hdb1 /mnt/temp4sol" (although partition 1 probably is swap, in which case that won't work).

You'll need to find out which partition the data is on. I like cfdisk, but it's not as reliable as plain ol' fdisk. You might try "fdisk" instead.

You mentioned having seven machines. If the other six are still running Solaris 9, you can look in it's "/etc/vfstab" to see what partitions hold what.

--
Kent West
http://kentwest.blogspot.com <http://kentwest.blogspot.com/>