Re: Attracting newbies (Was Booting Debian/testing fails)

On Sat, Feb 10, 2007 at 12:59:01PM -0500, Ken Heard wrote:

> 	Many of the posts contain good ideas, and I changed some of the ideas I
> expressed in my post as a result.  For example, I used "brain dead user"
> (BDU) at first to refer to myself, but further in my text I used it to
> refer to others with a Linux competence level more or less comparable to
> mine.  Someone suggested the terms novice, advanced beginner, etc.,
> which are better, being non-pejorative.

That was me.

> 	I would like, in time, to contribute to the project which appears to be
> emerging from all these posts.  (Does it have a name with suitable
> acronym yet?  If not, how about LOIN -- Linux Orientation Initiative for
> Novices?)  In view of my own experience, the best role for me would be
> as a tester of various documents drafted by others more knowledgeable
> about the subject.

I'm thinking NoviceDoc.  I tried to create an alioth project but kept
getting spit out.  I'm hoping that someone who knows about alioth can
help.  There's no "help" button or contact info on the alioth main page.
Probably because DDs should know better; I'm a novice at alioth only
having seen it for the first time last week.

Doug.