Re: when in doubt wipe it out

Marcus Blumhagen wrote:

<snip>

And BTW, one does not necissarily need an extra HD to run both Windows
_and_ Linux. Windows isn't even capable of messing with linux, since it can't interact with any of the filesystem types or partitions.

Not strictly true :). There is an ext2 plugin for windows, which I use, that enables me to read the information on my linux partitions. This does occasionally cause a fsck when booting linux, but so does the ntfs support in linux.
The
only thing that can be done by Windows (but AFAIK only during
installation) is to wipe the partions which then would be a stupid
action by the user since Windows won't do that on its own. But if one
already has a linux installation and uses a bootloader windows will
erase the bootloader record during its installation, but that can be
fixed easily.

Regards

Regards

Wackojacko