Re: Debian shutdown

gunnar wrote:
I've carried out a network-installation of debian-31r4-i386-netinst.iso and my problem is that I cannot shut it down. The only way of shutting it down seems to be to press the Reset-button, choose my Windows-partition in GRUB and carry out the shutdown from Windows. Thank God for my Windows-partition, without it I would have to pull the plug to shut down Debian. Can anybody tell me a better way of shutting down Debian?
Gunnar Sjöö

The easiest way to shut down is, as root, enter "shutdown -h now" from a shell prompt. Minus the quotes of course.