Re: Removing Unused Programs

Hello me.

Mathias Brodala, 07.02.2007 00:59:
> Marcus Blumhagen, 07.02.2007 00:41:
>> But AFAIK there's
>> no way to let apt-get also remove the dependencies.
>
> Not yet. APT 0.7.0 comes with automatic dependency removal[0] which should be
> equal to what Aptitude offers.

And it works like a charm. I tried to install pdftk today and did via aptitude
on my real system but via apt-get (0.7.0) in my VM and removed it immediately
after installation on the latter machine. All dependencies were collected and
removed correctly. (You only have to use „autoremove“ instead of „remove“ now
but that’s only a matter of aliases and/or maybe configuration.)

Regards, Mahita

--
debian/rules