Re: d-i dnld: many retries!

Marcus Blumhagen wrote:
On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 09:22:28AM -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
[...]
Downloading RC1 and the dailybuild from http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/
[...]

Which architecture did you choose? What kind of image (netinst,
business card, floppy)?

I could then download and check here the exact same images.

Regards
Marcus

i386 + netinst

But subscribing to debian boot I posted the same problem and got an answer from Siward de Groot that it is related to the fact that wget uses http 1.0 protocol = no negotiation.

Indeed the problem seems to be something like that because I started downloading Knoppix 5.1 and downloaded 1/3 of the 730MB without a single problem.

Jigdo does not offer the daily build of d-i and I am not familiar with a http 2.0 download tool.

But more people should be seeing this problem AFAIK.

Hugo