Re: Re: Attracting newbies (Was Booting Debian/testing fails)

Michael M. wrote:
"why Debian instead of Ubuntu/SuSE/Linspire/etc.?" Do that and I doubt you'd get too many users for whom Debian probably isn't the best choice.
Well I think at the very least, we could all come up with answers to this for ourselves. I know for me it involves two things:

1) Debian repositories contain a LOT of software (or maybe it's just the software I like).

2) Debian has the most excellent upgrade paths.

Angelo