Re: debian/unstable+KDE: screensaver/lock session not working

Bruno.Voigt@ic3s.de wrote:
Hi all,

I have a debian/unstable box running KDE which gets nearly daily patched.
For some months ago the screensaver and KDE kicker lock session button stopped working.

manual starting of xscreensaver & running xscreensaver-command -lock works.

How does the kdscreensaver & session lock mechanism work in detail?
How do teh different components interact?
How can I trace its execution path and check if everything is in place?
What config files are used?

Purging and reinstalling these packages didn't help:

ii kscreensaver 3.5.5-1 additional screen savers released with KDE ii kscreensaver-xsavers 3.5.5-1 KDE hooks for standard xscreensavers ii xscreensaver 4.24-5 Automatic screensaver for X ii xscreensaver-gl 4.24-5 GL(Mesa) screen hacks for xscreensaver

TIA, Brun

I hate turning down helping people, but if this is a problem with Unstable you should probably ask in the Bug Reports mailing list so that the developers can fix it and put it in the release of Etch.

Ask for having to run the programs manually, can't you just add it to your startup script? That's what I did with gsynaptics and it worked for me.