Re: Installation problem: No partitionable media found

Ogya Chief wrote:
Hi All,

I wanted to install Debian Sarge on a new P4 machine with a 160 GB SATA hard disk drive. The installation failed with the following error message:

  No partitionable media found

What could be the problem and what am I missing? Any pointers on how to resolve this problem will be very much appreciated.

Kind regards
Ogya

Customise your home page with RSS feeds - visit MSN SA today! http://za.msn.com/

Your best bet would be to try Debian Etch. I'm using Etch on my SATA hard drive and it works like a charm. You can get one of the many Debian Etch installers from http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/