Re: System freeze when copying files

Andrew Sackville-West wrote:

> are you sure its not a hardware issue? anything in the logs that
> points to the problem? Does it come out of the freeze or do you have
> to kill the whole box?

Nothing in syslog, and no message if the copying is done from the root
console in single-user mode. This is a cold, hard freeze. No sshing into
the box, no response to pings. Ctrl-Alt-Del doesn't work. So all I can
do is hit that button on the box.

BTW, this happens only with the -k7 kernel, not with the -486 one. See
my other message on this list from a few minutes ago for details.

Thanks
D.