"HAL Failed to Hibernate"

Whenever my Debian Etch wakes from hibernate, I get the message saying
"HAL Failed to Hibernate". But this doesnt seem to be creating any
issues with the working of my system except the battery indicator which
stops working.

After googling around for this error, I found a few references to ubuntu
mailing lists. But there was no solution. Is this the case with Debian
Etch also or do I need to change something to make this work?

My Machine is a thinkpad R51 with Debian Etch straight out of the box &
with all the updates as of now.

Thanks
Raghu