Re: Johnny Question

On Thursday 01 February 2007 00:27, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 08:29:16PM -0500, Max Hyre wrote:
> > Ron Johnson wrote:
> > >
> > > I mentioned /JQ/ to my son the other night.  "What's /Johnny
> > > Quest/?"
> > >
> > > We're so old.  And I'm too young to have watched JQ first runs.
> >
> >    When I was maybe 10, reading the entire science fiction
> > section of my local library, I came a cross a book whose
> > protagonist was Johnny Quest.  He was searching for his
> > father, and it was involved, IIRC, with an underwater city.
> >
> >    Much later I became aware of _Johnny Quest_ the cartoon,
> > and wondered whether it was the same.  Anyone know?
>
> The wife says Johnny Quest the cartoon was about Johnny, his friend
> Hadji, and Johnny's father in various adventures. She doesn't think
> it is based on any books, but then she did read much at that stage...
> THe underwater city thing doesn't ring a bell at all. Still, could be
> based on the idea.

I never thought of the toon being based on a book.  I know that was not
the case, but that doesn't rule out that there could have been books
based on the series.  I also know the series was the first toon (at
least in USA) where they actually researched what they were writing
about before writing the script.

Hal