Re: How to make work dual monitors with Debian etch on an IBM x60s ThinkPad?

On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 17:09:30 +0000, Tyler wrote:
> I've been wanting to set up my R60 so that I can use my desktop monitor
> for a while. However, reading this thread and googling around, checking
> the thinkwiki, i'm not getting it.
>
> I've got the right drivers installed and set up i xorg - i810
> I've got tpb installed for using the thinkpad special keys
> I just now installed i810switch, as suggested above in this thread.
>
> The Fn-F7 combo doesn't do anything. i810switch gives the following:
>
> PCI id of i810 is not recognized.
>
> man tpb and the thinkwiki make it seem like I should do something with
> that program, but it makes absolutely no sense to me.
>
> Google brings me lots of xorg.confs, but I don't know which apply to me,
> or what modifications are necessary. Do I need to 'install' the monitor
> somewhere?
>
> Can someone point me in the right direction? I'm mainly interested in
> having the same display on both screens, like for presentations or using
> my desktop monitor as the only monitor. Having different displays would
> be nice, but not so important.

Please post the output of the following three commands:

lspci | egrep -i 'vga|display|graphic'
awk '/Section "Device|Screen|ServerLayout"/,/EndSection/' /etc/X11/xorg.conf
egrep '^\((EE|WW)\)' /var/log/Xorg.0.log

(Run the "egrep ..." command right after you start up xorg.)

--
Regards,
          Florian