Re: Debian install on a GA-965P-DQ6

On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 07:36:09PM -0800, latnem@charter.net wrote:
> I'm trying to install debian on a GA-965P-DQ6 motherboard with a
> linksys usb wifi adapter.  When the install comes to the point of
> detecting and mounting the CD-Rom it fails and tells me that it
> couldnt find the CD-Rom.  I think its doing this because the ide
> drives are controlled by the SCSI2 board.  I downloaded a copy of
> Ubuntu (because thats all that I have seen people succesfully install
> with that motherboard).  On the Ubuntu install it detects the CD-Rom
> without a problem, but it fails on the network detect.  I would much
> rather use debian than a debian base.  So I was wondering if anyone
> could point me in the right direction as to how I would work around
> the the SCSI2 controller.  If I need to I can run an ethernet cable to
> the onboard ethernet port.  If I forgot to give some information that
> is needed before anyone can help me please let me know and I'll post
> it soon as possible.

A few suggestions:

Use a daily-build Etch.

Read the installation manual.

Google the lists.debian.org and see if its been discussed.

Subscribe to the debian-boot list.

Submit an installation report whether it works or not.  Especially if
not.  Your report will be sent to the debian-boot list by the BTS.

Good luck.

Doug.