Re: Boot logs ?

Frank McCormick wrote:
   Does Debian (Sarge testing) save COMPLETE boot logs anywhere? Dmsg |
less only gives me a "cleaned up" boot log - but when my system boots I
can see there are some hotplug problems that aren't in the log.

Ahhh the recurrent question.

A lot of what Sarge generates during boot never makes it to disk - because the disk hasn't been mounted yet. The only way to see all the boot messages is to capture them on your console. Personally, I tend to set my boxes to use a serial port for the console, and plug in a laptop setup as a terminal emulator. Makes it really easy to capture every gory detail.

Miles