Re: module-assistant/ndiswrapper/kernel-headers

On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 12:23:30PM -0800, Freddy Freeloader wrote:
> Hi All,

hey. don't you wish this snow would quit hanging around?

> I just rebuilt my laptop and am having problems getting ndiswrapper
> installed.  Module-assistant gives me an error saying I do not have the
> correct kernel-headers package installed and fails to build
> ndiswrapper.  The problem is that there is no kernel-headers package
> with the same exact package version as the installed kernel version.
>
> The installed kernel is reported as 2.6.18-3-486 by uname -a.  The only
> kernel headers package available with apt-get for Sid or Etch is
> 2.6.18-6.
> What would I file a bug report against?  m-a or ndiswrapper?

huh. looks to me like we've just seen a kernel upgrade in sid from
2.6.18-3 to 2.6.18-4.  you could either upgrade your kernel or try
backports.debian.org and try and get it from there. Also apt-cache
search shows that the common header files for 2.6.18-3 are still
around, you might be able to use those.