Re: OT: sponge burning!

On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 10:02:28PM -0500, Hal Vaughan wrote:
> On Monday 29 January 2007 21:06, John Hasler wrote:
> > Ron Johnson wrote:
> > > The rectangular, artificial grocery-store sponges smoked up the
> > > whole house.
> >
> > A writes:
> > > Don't those all come with some kind of anti-bacterial crap in them?
> > > that may effect the outcome.
> >
> > It would probably make them slightly conductive.  Just the thing to
> > set them on fire.
>
> But what does it do to square sponges from Bikini Bottom?
>
> (No, I'm not going to sign my name to that one!)

as has already been said, natural sponges, having protien content,
would surely have some reaction in a microwave. That said, we all know
that 1) there's nothing natural about the aforementioned "sponge" and
2) as was adequately displayed in the movie, even one drop of water
can fully revive a desicated (sp?) Bob.

I'm not afraid to sign. I"ve got three kids who will back me up on any
Bikini Bottom flame-war ;-P