Re: Huge fonts in openoffice.org user interface

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 11:38:26 +0100
Vincent Lefevre <vincent@vinc17.org> wrote:

> On 2007-01-30 09:10:13 +0000, Liam O'Toole wrote:
> > I think OOo gets its idea of screen resolution from the X resource
> > database, whereas many other applications use the X server's
> > resolution. What is the output of the following commands?
> >
> >     xrdb -q | grep dpi
> >     xdpyinfo | grep resolution
>
> It's a bad idea to use the value of Xft.dpi since one needs to lower
> it to be able to use the fixed font in gnome-terminal.

That hasn't been my experience. Here the value of Xft.dpi matches the X
server's resolution. The fixed font in gnome-terminal looks fine, and
is identical to the fixed font in other applications (such as this
one, sylpheed-claws-gtk2) at the same font size setting.

--

Liam