Re: Huge fonts in openoffice.org user interface

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 12:20:27 +0100
Sven Arvidsson <sa@whiz.se> wrote:

> On Mon, 2007-01-29 at 10:06 +0100, Dan H. wrote:
> > After a sarge->etch (and, consequently, oo-1.2 -> oo2.0) upgrade I
> > found that all fonts in menus and dialog boxes are huge (see
> [...]
> > As you can see in the dialog box in that screenshot, there is a "Use
> > system font for user interface" checkbox. Unclicking it and
> > re-starting the app doesn't make any difference at all, neither
> > does changing default fonts in a KDE desktop environment
>
> I see this too, in a GNOME environment. My fonts are not larger than
> the default ones, but different and with worse anti-aliasing.

I think there is an issue with OOo and freetype 2.2.x in
testing/unstable. I compiled freetype 2.1.10, copied the libraries
to /usr/local/lib/freetype-2.1.10, and put the following line
in /usr/bin/oowrapper:

    $ENV{LD_PRELOAD} =
'/usr/local/lib/freetype-2.1.10/libfreetype.so.6';

Drastic measures, I know! The result is quite pleasing though:

    http://otoole.webhop.org/desktop/OOo.png

--

Liam