Re: Debian, Iceweasle, Firefox!

On Monday 29 January 2007 18:50, Paul Johnson wrote:
> > Oh, and everyone that uses e-mail spends their time reading every
> > RFC out there.
>
> I don't expect them to.  Though I do expect them to learn

Damn you're demanding, aren't you?

> > Remember you're always going to be dealing with newbies -- at least
> > until kids grow up writing e-mail the right way, and it'll take a
> > while for that to happen.
>
> I'm 25, I grew up doing it the right way.  Though thanks for
> reminding me that in addition to the Echo Boomers that I'm a part of,
> there was a simultaneous, much dumber, Beavis and Butthead Generation
> competing for jobs and oxygen, and driving up the demand for food and
> affordable housing for the rest of us capable of independent thought.
>  :o)

I used to teach kids that age, when that show was on, in residential
treatment.  Some were that dense in some areas.  I'd watch the show at
home just because it felt so good to see such dumb students and NOT
have to discipline or teach them.

> Oddly enough, though, it's usually Gen X'ers or Baby Boomers of
> questionable mental stability I've encountered with this problem.
> http://wiki.ursine.ca/Category:Online_lusers
>
> > Face it: Usenet isn't the only place where September is eternal.
>
> September ended.  AOL is gone from Usenet and is becoming more of a
> walled community of idiots now that it's free for the idiots to
> self-segregate without losing their current ISP.

Yes, it isn't just AOL anymore.  It's still September.  Fortunately it
isn't September often on some lists (like this one).

Hal