Re: packet forwarding

Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 01:29:56PM +0000, Andrew Critchlow wrote:
Hello everyone,
I am trying to set up a debian proxy such as this: USER--------DEBIAN--------INTERNET The debian box will have two network cards. How can I set up the debian box to forward packets between the two networks? Do I have to set up packet forwarding by adding:
net.ipv4.ip_forward=1
into /etc/sysctl.conf
You really want shorewall.  Trust me on this.  Once you have it
installed, go to http://www.shorewall.net and look under the
documentation for the two-interface firewall.

Regards,

-Roberto

Speaking of which...

How do I de-activate logging to stdout in shorewall? It´s very annoying to have all firewall logged activity popping out on whichever tty I´m working on...

Cheers
Cassiano Leal