re: how to remove Gnome and X from etch

2007/1/29, Alan Ianson <alianson@shaw.ca>:
On Mon January 29 2007 07:17, Nick Demou wrote:
> 2007/1/29, Alan Ianson <alianson@shaw.ca>:
> > On Mon January 29 2007 07:01, Nick Demou wrote:
> > > In etch, what packages should I remove to get rid of X and gnome?
> >
> > You'll need to uninstall whatever you installed to begin with. [...]
>
> Someone else did the installation and included the GUI by mistake. ...

I have always installed the desktop stuff after installing a base system so
I'm not sure how the installer goes about installing gnome.
Hopefully "apt-get remove gnome/xorg/alsa-base" (as needed) will do it for
you. That may leave a few bits & pieces but I think that'll get most of it
anyway.

Seems that I'll better go for the clean solution of a reinstall (it
won't take that long anyway) but I must thank everyone for their time