Re: Debian, Iceweasle, Firefox!

Stephen R Laniel wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 27, 2007 at 11:03:59AM -0500, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
>> Please quit top posting.
>
> Here is a script that I banged out in a few minutes, which
> surely needs much improvement but will hopefully go some way
> toward making the top-posting "debate" -- which is surely
> the least interesting debate in the history of computing --
> go away:
>
> http://laniels.org/scripts/top_post_fixer.pl.txt
>
> This will tag all the lines in a given message by whether
> they're raw line or one containing a quote. It's primitive,
> but hopefully it's enough of a start that someone can expand
> upon it and end the spectacularly stupid debate.

Why should the reader have to fix spectacularly broken presentation on
behalf of the writer?  If they want an audience, they should do it right
the first time.  It's not like this is anything new, RFC1855 is 12 years
old now.  People should just not learn from Outlook and expect it to be the
way the Internet works.