Re: svc: bad direction 268435456, dropping request

Has anyone got any ideas about this?  The full message as logged is:

localhost kernel: svc: bad direction 268435456, dropping request

and it is appearing frequently.  From googling I found this:

"This 268435456 value is "0x10000000" hexadecimal. The code expects the value zero, and we have a stray bit being set in there, bit 28 to be exact."

I do not know what to do with the second bit of information. Also, people seem to think it is something to do with ports and possibly UDP trying different ports.

I am running testing with 2.6.18 kernel. My Linux machine is connected via Ethernet to a Netgear DG834GT modem/router/wifi base. My other machine is running Widows XP and is connected over Wifi . The problem occurs even when the XP machine is off.

John