Re: Debian/NT Dual Boot?

On Sat, Jan 27, 2007 at 02:42:42PM -0800, Mitchell Verter wrote:
> I am hoping that someone can direct me to the best instructions on the web
> for setting up a dual-boot system running Debian and NT.
>
> Most of the HOW-TOs I've looked at assume that you already have Windows
> running; my case is the reverse.
>
> The computer already has Debian and LILO running.
>
> If I want to put NT on the computer too, would I just partition the disk
> (how do you partition in linux?) and then install NT on the new partition
> and expect LILO to notice?

You've got some replies from people who have done it.  Now for one from
someone who hasn't run windoze since 3.1.

Why do you need to?

Can't you install windows onto one of the emulator suites (aptitude
search emulator) like qemu or bochs?

In any event, have a grub-disk ready and know how to use it.  Etch's
install disk/CD/USB-Stick is also very useful.

Doug.