Re: A simple question FORK! Something that bugs me about net-installsand security

On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 17:21:36 -0500
Angelo Bertolli <angelo@freeshell.org> wrote:

> For console, you can use lokkit:
>
> lokkit - basic interactive firewall configuration tool (console
> interface)
>
> But I don't think it gives you as much control as iptables.

My point was that it would be very difficult to reach consensus over
which firewall to use as default. It might be even tougher than the
usual GNOME/KDE, vim/emacs, apt-get/aptitude, ... because there are so
many choices and it would be very difficult to create a default set
of rules that would work for many people.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)