Re: Re: Debian, Iceweasle, Firefox!

Piotr Dziubinski wrote:
> Answers:
> Etch
> apt-get
>
> I was informed by apt-get that Iceweasel package will be installed,
> but I wasn't informed that instead of Firefox and it is a problem!
> If I would like to uninstall (even current version of) Firefox I would
> do it myself.

1) It is a replacement package, the binary (executable) name is STILL
firefox for compatibility purposes.  So you can't have both on your system.

2) What is the difference?  Have you noticed anything different?  Did
you also notice that when you got Iceweasel, it asked you if you'd like
to replace your stuff in your plugins/js?  You  had to say yes to that.
If you said no, you should have EXACTLY the same functioning browser as
you did before.

3) If you really want to, you can download the Linux package from
Mozilla and install Firefox in something like ~/pkg/ and just use that.
I do this on systems at work that are a few versions behind.

Angelo