Re: OT: memory requirements

On Friday 26 January 2007 12:26, Tyler wrote:

> When the machine starts responding again I open top and find that xorg
> and gv (which I'm viewing the image in) use near 100% of my CPU when I
> resize the image, and xorg is using 70% of my memory. I imagine during
> freezes more of the memory is being used (all?).

Is this sarge/Etch/sid? Just make sure that X is configured properly. Are you
using the correct driver? Are there any warnings in /var/log/Xorg.0.log? Is
dma enabled for the hard drive?

Is the problem occuring immediately after you reboot the machine? or is it
occuring sometime after you reboot the machine?

What is the output of "free -m"? What is your processor? What kernel are you
using?

hth
raju

--