Re: webserver with power management

On 23.01.07 13:49, Mark Grieveson wrote:
> I have a webserver, using apache2.  I've got gnome-power-manager running
> too.  I'm wondering if suspend via gnome-power-manager affects a website
> being served.  Or, does hibernate via gnome-power-manager affects a
> website being served?  I'm using Etch.

first, if you want power management, you should not install desktop
environment, like gnome, at all. probably no X at all.

second, either suspend to ram or suspend to disk will cause your computer to
stop responding - you only may to set up low power consuming modes like
slowing down CPU and probably harddisks.
- Holmes, what kind of school did you study to be a detective?
- Elementary, Watson.