Re: Manpages??

On 01/23/07 13:28, Ishwar Rattan wrote:

> I am running a debian derivative system.
>
> # apt-get install manpages
>
> tells that latest manpges are already installed, but
>
> $ man fork (or man 2 fork)
>
> says that there is no manual entr for fork
>
> So how do I get and install the mapges?

Others have told you the package names.  Here's how to find it yourself:

$ apt-cache search manpages | sort

or, more specifically:

$ apt-cache search manpages | sort | grep manpa
asr-manpages - alt.sysadmin.recovery manual pages
erlang-manpages - Erlang man pages
freebsd-manpages - Manual pages for a GNU/kFreeBSD system
funny-manpages - more funny manpages
gmt-manpages - Manpages for the Generic Mapping Tools
libfreefem-dev - Development library, header files and manpages
manpages - Manual pages about using a GNU/Linux system
manpages-de - German manpages
manpages-de-dev - German development manpages
manpages-dev - Manual pages about using GNU/Linux for development
manpages-es - Spanish man pages
manpages-es-extra - Spanish extra manpages
manpages-fi - Finnish man pages
manpages-fr - French version of the manual pages about using GNU/Linux
manpages-fr-dev - French version of the development manual pages
manpages-fr-extra - French version of the manual pages
manpages-hu - Hungarian manpages
manpages-it - Contains a collection of Italian man pages
manpages-ja - Japanese version of the manual pages (for users)
manpages-ja-dev - Japanese version of the manual pages (for developers)
manpages-ko - Korean version of the manual pages
manpages-nl - Dutch manpages
manpages-pl - Polish man pages
manpages-pl-dev - Polish man pages for developers
manpages-posix - Manual pages about using POSIX system
manpages-posix-dev - Manual pages about using a POSIX system for
development
manpages-pt - Portuguese Versions of the Manual Pages
manpages-pt-dev - Portuguese Versions of the Manual Pages
manpages-ru - Russian translations of Linux manpages
manpages-tr - Turkish version of the manual pages
manpages-zh - Chinese manual pages
tclx8.3-doc - Extended Tcl (TclX) version 8.3.5 -- TclX manpages
tclx8.4-doc - Extended Tcl (TclX) - manpages
tkx8.3-doc - Extended Tcl (TclX) version 8.3.5 -- TkX manpages
xmanpages-ja - Japanese manual pages for X