Re: Revive dark photos -- Conclusion

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 00:26:12 +0000, ][ wrote:

> I remember that I revived some dark photos to normal look by simply
> choosing certain gimp menus. Now I want to do it again, but couldn't find
> the menu entry any more.

thanks everyone for the respond.

The retinex
http://docs.gimp.org/en/plug-in-retinex.html
looks very promising, but I found that it is not that automatic --
The default does not give optimal result, and I didn't seem to be
able to find a good parameter combination.

Sjoerd Hiemstra's suggestion,
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.user/270822
is the most comprehensive. I found it has covered all the cases
for my dark photos. thanks Sjoerd.

cheers

tong

--