Re: Revive dark photos -- Debian gimp packaging question

][ wrote:
> I remember that I revived some dark photos to normal look by simply
> choosing certain gimp menus. Now I want to do it again, but couldn't
> find the menu entry any more.

As far as I think I know, in many photo editing programs, including
Gimp, it usually goes like this:

Tools > Colour tools > Levels...
Select Channel: Red; click 'Auto'
Select Channel: Green; click 'Auto'
Select Channel: Blue; click 'Auto'
Select Channel: Value; click 'Auto'

That should do it in most cases.
For grayscale photos, skip the colours.

For more 'difficult' cases, try to adjust the 'Input Levels' and
'Output Levels' in this same dialog, and/or try Tools > Colour Tools >
Curves..., e.g. to sharpen the contrast in the dark areas.