Re: Illegible PDF in KDE solution: install the complete CUPS

On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 03:38:43AM +0100, Benjamí Villoslada wrote:
> December I worte about illegible PDF in KDE:
>
> In that moment I've only the client CUPS installed, in order to use one
> printer connected to another LAN computer (SUSE and CUPS too).
>
> Now I've a new printer that is connected to my computer (*).  For this reason
> I've installed the complete CUPS, and now PDF works fine.
>
> I've received emails from people searching solution for the illegible KDE PDF
> issue --they have read the thread linked above.  In all cases the solution
> was «install complete CUPS».
>
> Maybe is a bug.  Where I must report it, CUPS or KDE?
>
> (*) Samsung ML2010 that works fine with the GDI driver, but the printer «Linux
> drivers CD» is a pain in the ass.
>
> --
Hi Benjamí,
if you had a list of packages that didn't work and then a list of
packages that do work, then you can give that as starting point.
A=does not work list
B=does work list
B-A= possible packages that fixed the issue
Of course, the problem could have been fixed by updates to one or more
package in A.
As for filing bugs, if you file it on either package with my suggestion,
then the package maintainer will try to determine if its his/her package
and then reassign it accordingly.
Cheers,
Kev
|   my keysever: subkeys.pgp.net |     my NPO: cfsg.org         |