Re: splashy quit working properly

On Saturday 20 January 2007 18:53, Sven Arvidsson wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-01-20 at 18:13 +0100, Andreas Rönnquist wrote:
> > The page at http://packages.qa.debian.org/s/splashy.html reports that
> > splashy isn't in testing at the moment though, and got 5 bugs that has
> > to be removed to enter. So I don't know if it will enter etch (any
> > developer who can fill us in?) or we should look for alternatives to
> > get a bootsplash?
>
> There's always usplash, but it doesn't have a Debian theme yet and the
> package is quite a few releases behind upstream.
>
> http://packages.qa.debian.org/u/usplash.html

doesn't sound like you are really encouraging me to use usplash ;-)

I have an etch system with some sid packages.  Splashy is at:

ii  splashy                          0.2.2                           A
complete user-space boot splash system
ii  splashy-themes                   0.2.1                           A
complete user-space boot splash system

Chris

--
C. Hurschler