Re: splashy quit working properly

On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 17:35:58 +0100
Chris <list.hurschler@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> for a while splashy worked fine on my testing machine.  I had it working with
> initrd according to the directions in the README.  Then it started hanging
> shortly before the the xserver would start.  I purged the package and
> reinstalled it, to try to keep things simple and try to figure out what was
> going on I didn't try to use use it in the initrd.  It still doesn't work:

I have also been playing around with splashy - Last time I tried I got
similar result to you. Though - this was with the unstable package on
an etch, so I didn't put very much effort into it.

The page at http://packages.qa.debian.org/s/splashy.html reports that
splashy isn't in testing at the moment though, and got 5 bugs that has
to be removed to enter. So I don't know if it will enter etch (any
developer who can fill us in?) or we should look for alternatives to
get a bootsplash?

/Andreas