Re: Server recommendations?

Andy Smith wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 15, 2007 at 11:05:04PM +0100, Stefan Bellon wrote:
> > I'm looking for server hardware with the following contraints: dual
> > or quad core 64-bit CPU at >2.5 GHz and more than 16 GB of RAM. And
> > of course it should run Debian GNU/Linux without problems.
> > Everything else is not that important.
>
> What is your budget?

Considering what more than 16 GB of memory cost these days, I don't
think the costs of the board and the casing is limiting the choice
much. Is it?

> What is the desired form factor?  1U?  2U? 4U?  Bigger?

This is no constraint on the form factor.

At present I'm toying with the idea of an HP ProLiant ML370 G5.

BTW: Thanks to all others who contributed to this thread for their
recommendations!

--
Stefan Bellon