Re: Why there is no space left on root partition?

On Sat, 2007-01-20 at 07:57 -0600, John Hasler wrote:
> Sven Arvidsson writes:
> > I'm not a Windows user myself, but I hear of many Windows users who
> > actually know that they shouldn't run as admin but are forced to do so
> > because a lot of applications, installers and games simply will not run
> > on an unprivileged account.
>
> Nothing forces them to run those applications.  If they really cared about
> security

But they don't even UNDERSTAND nor CARE about those implications. They
just want "precious" to run and play with "precious". Then when
"precious" doesn't work, pay for a geek-squad/firedog "fix" every 3-6
months to continue access to "precious" along.

>  they would refuse to buy such programs

And not have the latest WoW upgrade? or the latest EverCRACK, or the
bestest Star Wars Soemthing or other Online... You seriously Jest.

Why would they not accept the problems that manifested in the earlier
"consumer grade" Windows Products, in the newer versions to Run the
precious Games that feed the addiction(s)

>  and the publishers would get the message.

They'll never see the message, addictions cover that.

John, its just like trying to get people to buy something other than ATI
or nVidia Chipsets for Video cards... it just isn't going to happen
anytime soon.

For now, I use consoles to play games. Mod-Chipped ones at that.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

The technology that is
Stronger, better, faster:  Linux