OT: Windows(tm) window-management (was Re: GNOME / any shortcut to arrange windows?)

On Thu, Jan 18, 2007 at 10:36:44PM +0200, Nick Demou wrote:
> Alternativerly even something like what "tile windows"
> does under MS windows would be OK.

As an aside, I have to say, I've found that managing windows
in "Windows" can often be a lot more pleasant than many of
the floating WMs available for Linux. I'm fond of tiling
managers like ion3. If you orient your monitor to portait,
have two windows non-minimized in Windows and select "tile
vertically" you get two windows of landscape orientation
next to each other. After a while, if you close an app and
open another, it'll occupy the free space left by the
previous one. So in effect it starts to perform very much
like something like ion.

--
Jon Dowland