Re: mysql error problem

Jan Willem Stumpel wrote:
I have mysql running (installed by the music management program,
prokyon3) but I do not know anything about mysql really.

Recently, mysql, on startup, started mailing error messages to my
root account with the subject "WARNING: mysqlcheck has found
corrupt tables".

The mail itself contains lot of lines like

mysql.help_category
error    : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR TABLE
`help_category`" to fix it!

prokyon.playlists
error    : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR TABLE
`playlists`" to fix it!

Anyone seen this recently? Is it a bug, or is there really
something wrong with my mysql data? Prokyon3, BTW, still seems to
work OK. And of course I have no idea how I "REPAIR TABLE
`playlists`", etc., to fix this.

may result from a crash (system, application or db), from a bug in the application (prokyon?) ...

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=3944
http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88540