Re: software for making a web site......

On Mon, Jan 15, 2007 at 10:31:01PM +0000, Michael Fothergill wrote:
> Dear Debianists,
[...]
> If I would try to make the web site what software would you guys recommend
> using under Debian to make the web pages and road test them?

All other aspects having been discussed already, I thought I'd give
this one a stab: Personally, I would either go with a text editor like
vim or emacs and do eveything by hand or use nvu for a rather decent
approximation to WYSIWYG editing.

For testing, I hardly ever use anything but Apache these days, unless
I definitely know that the final product is going to be deployed on a
radically different server (like, for example, Zope).

Depending on your needs, you may of course need a bevy of other
applications, like an FTP server or BBS software, but that is
something you'll have to decide as the project takes shape.

Good Luck,
 --j