Re: Can't Mount my USB Disk R/W [Was Slow USB disk]

L.V.Gandhi(lvgandhi@gmail.com) is reported to have said:
> On 1/15/07, Wayne Topa <linuxone@intergate.com> wrote:
> >
> >L.V.Gandhi(lvgandhi@gmail.com) is reported to have said:
> >
> >>I am running etch. For me, my usb flash gets mounted as readonly. I
> >> couldn't find any examples how to make it read write for the user. I get
> >> permissions as
> >> drwxr_xr_x lvgandhi root. still I am unable to write to it as user
> >lvgandhi.
> >      ^  ^  No Group or User write permission
> >

> >I have changed the subject as your problem had nothing to do with the
> >thread you hijacked.
>

> sorry. Though title was not indicative hread as moving in tha diection.
>
> You don't give enough information for anyone to help troubleshoot your
> >problem.  Where are you mounting it, is that mount point in
> >/etc/fstab, what does the mount command you are using look like, etc.
> >
> >I have this in my fstab
> >/dev/sdb1    /media/usb5   ext3 rw,user,users,noauto,noatime,noauto 1   2
[correction]
/dev/sdb1       /media/usb5     ext3    noauto,rw,user,noatime  0  0

> >$ ls -ld /media/usb5
> >drwxrwxrwx 3 root root 1.0K 2006-08-06 20:55 /media/usb5/
> >    ^    Group write permission
> >       ^  User Write permission
> >
> >To mount it I do (as root or as user) mount /dev/sdb1, and the flash
> >is mounted at /media/usb5.
> >
> >I can read/write to the flash disk /media/usb5 as root or any user.
> >
> >Please put a but more information into your quesations in the future.
> >You will get more, and faster answers, if you do.
>

> For me as soon as insert it kde ask me for options. It is mounted at
> /media/disk. I don't mount it explicitly. It is mounted automatically. Hence
> I wanted to know how to change the configuration so that it is not mounted
> readonly.

I don't run kde so have no idea how you would fix it.  You might have
received an answer if you had put KDE in the subject.

Good Luck

Wayne

--
There are never enough hours in a day, but always too many days
before Saturday.