Re: no virtual terminals after fresh etch install

On Monday 15 January 2007 19:40, Steve Kleene wrote:
> On Monday 15 January 2007 19:01, I wrote:
> >> I just did my first Debian install on a new desktop using the testing-
> >> i386-netinst CD.  ...  I cannot bring up the usual virtual terminals 1-6
> >> (e.g. CTRL-ALT-F1).  If I try, nothing at all happens.
>
> On Mon Jan 15 13:15:29 2007, Thierry Chatelet wrote:
> > Maybe have a look at: http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Today
>
> Thanks, Thierry.  I looked there and didn't see anything that helped.  It
> did suggest that I try
>
>     apt-get install xserver-xorg-video-all xserver-xorg-input-all
>
> I did that and was told that I already have the newest versions.  I did
> select the "Desktop Environment" during the software-selection stage of the
> install.

The problem seems to hav evolved! I did an install 3 days ago and go out of
this problem by, first installing apt-get install xserver-xorg-video-vesa,
and then, since the video card was a nvidia, installing nvidia driver. If
someone can help more????
Thierry
--
Linux is like a tipi: no Windows, no Gate and an Apache inside