Re: The Lost Sheep and Networking

On Monday 15 January 2007 13:30, Leonid Grinberg wrote:
> Hello,

> It also has a 3Com Etherlink III card rev. B, which means that it is
> supposed to use the 3c509B module...

You may need to use the 3com setup utility to tell the ROM on the card which
resources (irq, io, etc.) to use. It's available on the 3com website, but
might take some hunting. It's a couple floppy's worth. Unless the card has
jumpers, the setup utility might be the only way to go. I've had to do this
with a couple of these cards myself, and it's not too difficult. Even after
setting the proper irq and such, the Sarge installer still didn't find a
network card automatically, but it fired right up once I told it to use the
3c509 module.
HTH

...Rob

--
A note to the wives:
We can't help but stare at car wrecks either, but we don't want one of our