Re: Problem in running postgres

On 1/15/07, Douglas Tutty <dtutty@porchlight.ca> wrote:
Is /etc/init.d/postgresql-8.1 starting __after__ networking?

Yes, that's right. I found out that after my pc boots up, if i try iptraf, i cant see any lo, i.e. any loopback interfaces. Only after I run network-admin, i can se the lo, then if i try to run /etc/init.d/postgresql- 8.1 start, that works fine. I installed mysql  yesterday and it aslo shares the same problem i.e. cannot start up at boot. What is the main reason that my pc  is not loading up lo during boot-time?

--
Abu Zaher Md. Faridee
---