Re: preventing apt from upgrading postfix

Justin Hartman <jjhartman@gmail.com> wrote:
JH> 'postfix-dev' packages however I want to keep my current postfix
JH> version as it is heavily patched.
JH> So I decided to read the Debian docs on apt-get [0] to figure out how
JH> to *make* apt forget about upgrading my postfix packages.

	to hold a package, i just do a quick:
	echo packagename hold | dpkg --set-selections

	& to release it:
	echo packagename install | dpkg --set-selections

	much easier than dealing with apt's preference files.

lish                                         "well i, i might be wrong,
crank@got.net                              but you, you tag along." -mm