preventing apt from upgrading postfix

Hi List

Running an update shows that Etch wants to upgrade my 'postfix' and
'postfix-dev' packages however I want to keep my current postfix
version as it is heavily patched.

So I decided to read the Debian docs on apt-get [0] to figure out how
to *make* apt forget about upgrading my postfix packages.

Section 3.10 suggests that I need to follow these steps:
1. create /etc/apt/preferences
2. add the package, pin and pin-priority to the file

So this is what I came up with:

Package: postfix
Pin: version 2.3.4-3
Pin-Priority: -1

Package: postfix-mysql
Pin: version 2.3.4-3
Pin-Priority: -1

Package: postfix-dev
Pin: version 2.3.4-3
Pin-Priority: -1

From what I understood -1 should prevent apt from ever installing
postfix again however this doesn't work and I still get the upgrade
option when running apt.

I also thought that perhaps changing the pin-priority to 1001 would
work but same thing.
--
Regards
Justin Hartman