USB flash key and other issues.

1)I have a USB flash key of 1Gb but my
DebianPPC-kernel
2.6.8 when booting recognize the key,the
seller(Verbatim),
etc. but when I try to mount the key I can´t find a
filesystem
to do so: msdos,vfat etc. are not good,I receive a
warning
saying that can´t find a FAT filesystem on the key.In
MacOS9.2
the filesystem on the key is PC Exchange(MS-DOS)(PC
Exchange is
the extension that deals with MS-DOS,Windows
filesystems.).
The key in System Requirements says that is compatible
with
Linux kernel >= 2.4.,do I need to format /dev/sda with
mkfs?

2)I upgraded initrd-tools from version 0.1.78 to
0.1.81.1,
  (to install libc6-2.3.5-8) but when booting I see:
  .
  .
  .
  initrd-tools: 0.1.78
  .
  .
  .

  With dpkg --status initrd-tools  ,I see that
0.1.81.1 is
  installed without any problem: install ok installed.
  So,what is happening here?I need to upgrade libc6 to
  2.3.5-8 version but it needs initrd-tools > 0.1.78.
  I try and I can install libc6-2.3.5-8 but I don´t do
that
  because of potential problems.

3) I can stop processes manually with the kill
command.What
is the command to start them manually?

                         Thanks.

Never Miss an Email
Stay connected with Yahoo! Mail on your mobile.  Get
started!

http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265