Re: PCI-E Gb LAN controller support

On Fri, Jan 12, 2007 at 12:05:14PM -0700, Paul E Condon wrote:
> My new ASUS motherboard has PCI-E Gb LAN controller on-board. I can't
> get the Etch installer to recognize it. Should I be able to? Or is
> it too new for Etch? ( I don't really need 1 Gb ethernet, but I would
> like to be able to use the PCI slot for something else than an old
> LAN card. )

I don't understand "PCI-E..on-board".  To me, either it's an adapter in
a PCI-E slot or its integrated on the motherboard.  My Asus M2N-SLI
Deluxe has two gigabit ethernets on-board integral to the nVidia
chipset.  Etch installer saw them OK.

What error messages do you get when you say that the Etch installer
doesn't recognize it?

Doug.