Re: Adding a new HDD - how do I move /var/lib/mysql ?

My question is slightly related to this post, so I'm posting it here.

I'm currently running my Sid on a 40GB hdd which is running out of life, In a few days I'll buy a new 80GB. Now what is the best way 2 dump my whole / to my hdd so that I can boot and do all my stuff from that hdd? I mean the above discussion is for /var/lib/mysql, will the same work for / ?

Sorry 4 any inconveniences.

Regards
Abu Zaher Md. Faridee

---
Time heals every wound, but time itself is a wound that never heals.