Re: How to get network speed in text

On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 18:54:33 +0100, Bob Hentges wrote:

>> Is there any way to get the eth0 cumulative network speed in clear text?
>>
>> Each GUI shows their own download speed. The xnetload can show overall
>> eth0 cumulative network speed. But how can I get it in clear text?
>
> I may not have totally understood what you are searching for, but have
> a look at "ethstats" and "ethstatus", they might be what you are
> searching for.

thanks Roberto & Bob.

ethstats - script that quickly measures network device throughput.

was what I was looking for. I meant that I can grab those network speed in
clear text in scripts. The next 2 also show network speed in clear text,
but wasn't I was looking for.

ethstatus - console-based ethernet statistics monitor
nload - A realtime console network usage monitor

thanks again

cheers

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)